Friday, January 30, 2009

A Project: Two Year Planner Cover



Calendars have hit the discount bins, and I was able to get a two year planner for a dollar. This one even had a nice plastic sleeve. I took out the staples and removed the cover, then turned it over so that there was a smooth white surface to decorate with some of the tiny doilies I've been making out of thread and floss. All it took was a thin coat of Elmer's Glue.

The possibilities really are endless. If I can lay my hand on a metallic marker I plan to fill in the empty spots with some small designs, and maybe gild the edge. The outer plastic cover gives it a nice finishing touch. I chose not to staple it back together, but instead tied some threads around the spine and left a little tassle on the bottom.

Does anyone want the tiny doily patterns? They are just two- or three-row bits and pieces. Let me know if I should write them down.



1 comment:

Barbara said...

Aren't you the clever one? Very cute.