Thursday, June 12, 2008

First project--Baby Hats



Our library has a lot of TV series on DVD, and Ricardo and I discovered some gems. We just finished the MacBeth mystery series, set in Scotland (BBC), and now are watching a police procedural series called Blue Murder (also British). We watch one or two episodes a night, and I can usually get a baby hat done during that time. Since my youngest grandchild is already six, I'm making hats and booties for the teen mother shelter near our home.




This pattern, with a big floppy flower on top, is one of the cutest. It's from a library book, 100 Hats to Knit and Crochet. I don't have a convenient baby to use as a model, but the hats just fit over a little snow globe.







Last night I was going through another library book--Woman's Day Crochet Showcase--looking for thread patterns. I found this interesting adult hat pattern and made it up out of some small balls. I don't know if I can stretch enough of the lighter pink out to make matching mittens, but maybe I can make some out of white and just put in a little pink for trim. I have enough of the dark pink to make another hat, so hate to squander that yet. Decisions, decisions. I don't know why the picture came through so small. It's my second day blogging, and there is a lot to learn.



1 comment:

Suzy's Corner said...

The hats are gorgeous. Any baby should be honored to wear your hats!