Monday, July 28, 2008

Progress Notes: Notions


Sometimes I feel like I'm in one of those reality shows where they give chefs a box of ingredients and leave them to make something delicious and original. The more things I get, the more of a challenge it becomes. It's exhausting.
It's becoming clear I've got to learn what to toss and what to keep.
A few weeks ago I discovered a new thrift shop run by the Lutheran Home. They use all their donated yarn, but had quite a bit of sewing stuff. (I don't enjoy sewing and gave it up years ago.) I did buy a bag of zippers, though. Now I've got the added challenge of trying to knit and crochet things that match my zippers. Talk about bizarre. That plastic bag in the photo is holding a ton of loose common pins, which are poking out everywhere. The pains of creativity!
In the bag were also two single purse handles---one round brass ring and one blue plastic oblong thing. I was about to throw them back into my own box of donations when I had a brainstorm about the brass ring. The little purse I made using the ring is above.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

So, is what you paid for the zippers, etc. subtracted from your $20 annual yarn budget? I'd have a heck of a time using zippers in my knitting. Guess I'm too new at this or not brave enough to be creative with it yet. I'm still thrilled when I can make things that turn out.

rochard said...

Noooooo. The zippers don't count, although I bought them used as well. I like zippers in little purses, although I hate sewing them in by hand.