Thursday, July 31, 2008

Re-gifting

I knit this sweater for Ricardo's birthday in 1985 or '86. It's made of Germantown Knitting Worsted, from a pattern published in Woman's Day (I lost the pattern long ago). Unfortunately, Ricardo was growing a bit in the middle, and always felt a little self-conscious about the sweater not being quite baggy enough in that area. So, after about four or five wearings, it was forgotten by us both in the cedar chest for more than 20 years.

A few posts ago, I was lamenting about not being able to make my son-in-law a sweater for his 45th birthday. I unearthed this sweater, and it looks good as new! Isn't that amazing? Tomorrow I'm taking it for dry cleaning. The SIL is very thin, but likes his sweaters loose. It should be perfect. He'll love having something of Ricardo's, made by me. Hopefully, grandson #1 might like to wear it as well before too long.

They are also celebrating their wedding anniversary this weekend, so I'm bringing three round cloths and a spice cake to the party.

Life is good!

Hugs to all.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Hey, Rochard, glad you saw the humor in my math mistake. I'm such a trial to myself. I was going through my stash and I've got a sweater's worth of Bernat Softee Chunky I'd be happy to donate to your cause. Are you near GB so I could drop it off? Or I could ship it if you send me your address. It's either you or the Goodwill and I'd rather you have it so I can see what you make with it.

Barbara said...

Pretty sweater, by the way. Your SIL will love it. Sheesh, I forgot to give you my email address. It's: bookieATitolDOTcom.