Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Project: Christmas Tree Doily--Thread


Since I'm working on a poncho and an afghan, I needed something small and light to carry in my purse. I'm not much of a doily person, but all that thread is just sitting there, waiting to be put to use, and I saw this little Christmas doily on the Annie's site and decided to give it a go. The pattern has little beads sewn on as ornaments, and I'm looking for something similar, but it looks okay just as it is. It was fun to make.
Happy election day! I hope everyone voted.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Look at that! It really does look like Christmas trees. I love the white scallops on the edge. Very pretty.

Jami said...

That's great. I just don't have the mindset for crochet somehow - and I really have tried.

Very pretty!

Sasa said...

Even though I crochet, I have NEVER been able to do a doily! My hat is off to you!!