Monday, November 24, 2008

Project: Doll Clothes--Trash and Treasure yarns


The little girl I got from the Giving Tree wanted some new clothes "for my mom's old Molly doll." I've never really seen one of those historic era dolls (I won't say the brand--you know the ones I mean), and couldn't find a pattern I really like, but I got the measurements and a basic sweater pattern and knit this little cable sweater and stocking hat. If I have time, I want to make a scarf or maybe a shawl. I hope the doll has some sort of lower garments, because I really don't want to tackle making dolly pants.
She seems like a nice child! I hope she isn't disappointed with something hand-made instead of what she's probably seen in the stores. I also made her a pair of big girl mittens.

4 comments:

Sasa said...

Would Molly wear a skirt????

http://nannybird.blogspot.com/2008/08/doll-skirt-pattern.html

LY & GB!!!

rochard said...

Thanks so much! That's a perfect pattern, and has a little top to match. Molly is the WWII era, so it will work out fine. I don't know how you found that link--it didn't come up when I was searching.

Sally

Sasa said...

Glad to help! Here is the site that I use for finding a lot of my free patterns . . .

http://www.dailyknitter.com/patternsdetail.php?type=NE

Once the patterns are no longer "new" (about once a month) they are moved into categories which you can then search. The doll skirt pattern was "new" last month, so I had seen it then. I simply went into "toys" and went from there.

If I don't chat with you before hand, have a GREAT Thanksgiving and GB!

Barbara said...

So cute! Molly is a lucky doll.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!