Monday, October 6, 2008

Project: Boy's Intarsia Skull Motif Hat


Cream Woolease hat with black skull motif. Worsted weight, size 7 dpns, convertable brim. This is just a vanilla hat, done mainly in stockinette, 80 stitches with an eight wedge decrease. Brim can be worn turned up or down.
--
My grandson's 11th birthday is Wednesday. I wanted something that said, "I'm a nice boy who appreciates a bit of a skull on my hat," so I only knit in one motif. I wanted to stay away from a statement like, "Fifth grade nihilist."
He's also getting a book of mazes.
This hat was made from yarn found in the thrift shop bag. The black was just a scrap of Paton's wool that I had leftover in my scrap bag. I used about one ounce of the cream. I think the skull has a friendly look to it. He already has black gloves to match and a black puffy jacket. It should make a great outfit.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Nice! I'm sure your grandson will like the friendly skull hat.

vic said...

love the hat! and want to say that i really enjoy your blog.

Raymond said...

That is an amazing hat!! I have been searching online to buy myself a hat just like this, but they don't exist. Wow, you should open up shop - you'd sell 100 of em!! I'd be first in line. That is an amazing hat!! :)