Friday, October 17, 2008

Project: Child's Helmet--Worsted Scraps


The good news is that we had a little birthday party for my grandson last weekend, and he loved the skull motif hat I made for him (see post below). He put it right on.
The bad news is that his six-year-old little brother felt really bad that I didn't make him a hat, too. He idolizes his older brother, but, of course, there's a lot of jealousy going on there as well, especially when it concerns attention from the grandparents. He was teary, and I felt just terrible.
Tomorrow he gets this helmet, made from a Sandy Scoville design. (Ricardo found me a styrofoam head on special for about $3!) I'm trying to decide whether or not to put tassles on the ends of the earflaps. Probably not. It's got a lot of different stitches and colors, but this is the best picture. Pretty cute. I hope it's not too girly looking.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I love it! Great colors. Perfect for a little brother.

Unknown said...

that is a great hat! i'm really inspired by the mix of colors and textures. i have alot of left over scraps of yarn. really want to try something like this.